ICSSR North Eastern Regional Centre, NEHU Campus, Umshing, Shillong 793 022, Meghalaya
Aims & Objectives
The Centre has completed more than three decades of its valuable service to the social science community and scholars of the northeastern region of India.
The Aims of NERC are:
- to act as the agent of the ICSSR within the region
- to act as the representative of the social scientists of the region and to bring their ideas and problems to the ICSSR
- to provide a platform for the social scientists of the region to come together for formation of social science research; and
- to serve as the link between the social scientists of the region and the national and international community of the social scientists.
The ICSSR - NERC covers all the eights states of region - Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
The main objectives of NERC are:
- to render essential bibliographical and documentation service for research work;
- to organize and/or support the organization of seminars, workshops, research methodology courses, conferences at different universities, colleges and other institutions in India's northeast;
- to award study grant for research scholars in order to visit libraries anywhere in India;
- to organize lectures by distinguished scholars on issues pertaining to the North-East India; and
- to disseminate information about the programme of the ICSSR.